Thursday, January 20, 2011
1 week away
In one week i will be leaving for what i consider the best opportunity of my life. I will have the privilege of studying in Jerusalem during the spring semester. When i have told people that i am going to Jerusalem they all seem to be jealous that i will be spending 3 months in the Holy Land while most people usually are only there for 10 days. I do consider my self very lucky and fortunateness to have this opportunity to spend my spring semester in Israel. While I am there i feel as if i will learn more about myself and grow much deeper in my faith, which is really exciting. While I am excited about this opportunity that i have i am also really nervous at the same time. One of my major fears will be flying. I have never been on an airplane before and my first flight will be across the Atlantic Ocean and really long. It will also be a new experience I will be outside of central PA for more than a week. I know life in this area and that is about it, so getting out of this area is a needed change but one that still brings nerves. The only other things that has been making me nervous is being away from my family. Sure i go to college but really it is hard to be away from my family there since they all work there. So it will be different not having someone to rely on when I need help. Overall i am really excited about this semester, it will be one of the most gratifying and growing experiences that i will have. So i am going to take it and run and we will see what happens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment