Wednesday, March 23, 2011

First Tste of Middle Eastern Tennsion

Over the few months I have been hearing about all the tension that has been arising all over the Middle East. From Egypt to what is currently going on in Libya. Today was the first day I had felt tension in the Middle East directly. As I was walking to the bank to get money for our weekend in Galilee I heard a loud explosion. To me i didn't think anything of it. There are fireworks that go off all the time in the area where i was so i thought it was just a really loud firework. As I was leaving the bank I saw cop cars flying down the road and I didn't really put it together. I figure something was going on but I wasn't sure what. When I got back to campus I saw Dr. Wright and his wife trying to locate every one and told me there was a bombing in the city. When he said that I finally put the explosion together and realizing that wasn't a firework. This has brought new light to the middle east to me. We always here about the tension that is here in the middle east, but experiencing it first hand is much different. You realize what people in this area of the world must go through; the initial shock, the wondering of what will happen next, then the courage to show that you are not afraid. experiencing this has been an eye opener because since i have been here there had been no tension here, so i began to think there was peace. Could I have been more wrong. As i am writing this we at the school are getting ready for a weekend away from Jerusalem. Things here are going to continue. Tomorrow will be just like any other field study just with more alertness to what is around us. Please be praying for the peace of Jerusalem and all of Israel.
May God be with us and with you, Amen

1 comment: