Hey every one I have had a busy week since the last time I updated. Last Saturday I went to a Messianic congregation it was really interesting even though I didn’t understand a word the preacher was saying. The whole service was in Hebrew there were translation devices I got one but I had such a hard time listening to it because the person speaking in to was so monotone. The service was also almost three hours. It was great to see and did have an enjoyable time. On Sunday I had a field study to Samaria. It was a lot of fun. We went to Shechem, Mt. Gerizim and Shiloh. Each of these places were really awesome. Shechem was cool
we went to the church that remembers Jesus at the well. It is said that it is the same well Abraham had made there. We were also able to drink water from the well. It was a neat experience. We also went to the ruins of Shechem. The old town was massive and had have been amazing. After we were done in Shechem we went to Mt. Gerizim. We did some really interesting things up there. My favorite part of the day was up there. In the book Joshua the Israelite people renew their covenant with God on Mt. Gerizim and then they yell out the blessing that Moses had said. We did the same thing we had a guy yell the Blessing from the top of the mountain it was really cool. After that we met the son of the high priest of the Samaritans. He talked about who the Samaritans are today. He told us that there are only about 800 left in the world today. He talked about how he could trace his heritage back all the way to Adam. It was really interesting to listen to him talk. To end the day we went to Shiloh and there we saw the ruins there. It was really cool. Shiloh at one point was the spiritual capital for the Israelites and the Arc of the Covenant wasn’t even there. It was cool to see how that land was a lot like Jerusalem but still very different.
That was the weekend.
Over the past couple of days I have become more and more thankful for Messiah and the kind of classes they make us take. I am in a church history class and to how many people haven’t had to take one that are from other schools makes me thankful for what Messiah teaches. So i am thankful for messiah and all the classes it makes me take even though I sometimes may not want to. I ma thankful for that.
This weekend I am going to the Shevlah and Negev. If i were home I would be going to Camp Hebron with a bunch of awesome Teens. IJust know that I will be praying for you and hope God does amazing thigns there this weekend. I will be praying and someone should fill me in on what all happened.
No comments:
Post a Comment