Earlier this week classes began here at JUC. The First day of class was on Sunday when we went on our first field study. We went on a walk through the Old City. We started in the room of the last supper which had so much meaning just realizing what happened in that room. Then we made our way through the Old City. I saw the western wall and the dome of the rock from a distance. The we went to the church of the holy sepulchre. This Church is amazing. It is put where it is believed the crucifixion and tomb of Christ is said to be. It was really cool. Then on Monday full classes began and all of my classes are very interesting and I believe I will learn a lot in them. The on Monday night I went on a walk in the New City with some people. We went and got coffee, and just walked around. Today I was able to get out this morning since i had not morning classes and went on a walk around the Old City with some people. It was so much fun. We went to the Western Wall which was amazing. I learned a lot about the wall when I was there. I actually had no idea that it was actually part of the temple when i realized that it made realize how important that wall really is. It was really cool to see the Jews there and see how much this wall means to them it was really cool. After that we went to a shop that is run by a Jewish man from Canada. This shop is really cool because he wants people to come in and talk to him about his faith and we did and it was really interesting. Then we went to another shop in the Christian quarter that is run by a guy that JUC seems to love. His name is Shaban. He sells all kinds of stuff and also is a money changer. Outside of his shop he has flags from all different colleges from the US. He even made tea for us that was really good. So that is what I have been up to.
Love You All
Davis
No comments:
Post a Comment