Thursday, February 17, 2011

Daily Life

I know I said i was going to talk about what I have been learning but I had been thinking this week that i should wait till the end of my trip and have one really big entry about what I have learned. So i have decided instead of telling you all the stuff that I have done lately I thought i would tell you about what a day could look like for me. I usually wake up around 7:00 am to get ready for class. This gives me time for a shower and eat breakfast. For the people who know me well breakfast is something i don't normally do. I usually don't eat anything till lunch. However here for some reason I do tend to eat breakfast. Then I have a morning class that I will attend then I will have the afternoon off. I will eat lunch and then I usually spend this time playing in the lounge catching up with the world or I go out with my friends into the city. The city of Jerusalem is amazing. It really has everything someone could want. We usually go sight seeing or do some shopping. For instance on Tuesday two of my friends and I went to the top of the Church of the Redeemer. This has a great view of the Old City and really worth the 5 shekels it cost to go up there. Then i might have a night class in the evening. then i eat dinner after the first one. The nights i do not have one I spend up in the student lounge hanging out with my friends. Some nights however we do go out to the New City for coffee or waffles. In all of this i have to find to class work. so my days are usually pretty busy. Fridays however are much different. I don't have class but most things in Israel close early for Shabbat so i spend most of the day on campus. and Then at night we have a nice diner and then we have a little chapel service and then we a lot of people hang out in the lounge and play games. Life here at JUC is amazing. I do miss my family and friends back in the States from time to time, and wish they could be here with me. So that is what a normal day looks like. It is a lot fun and i wish every one could be on this trip becuase there really is so much to see and I don't know how people see it all in 10 days. Since I won't write tomorrow I will close with saying
Shabbat Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment